Limited Motorcycle Warranty
Harley-Davidson warrants for any new 2018 Harley-Davidson motorcycle that an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer will repair or replace without charge any parts found under normal use to be defective in factory materials or workmanship. Such repair or replacement of defective parts will be Harley-Davidson's sole obligation and your sole and exclusive remedy under this limited warranty. This limited warranty applies only for the duration identified below.
No person, including Harley-Davidson dealers, may modify, extend or waive any part of this warranty.
As a condition of this warranty, you are responsible for properly using, maintaining, and caring for your motorcycle as outlined in your Owner Manual. Harley-Davidson recommends that you maintain copies of all maintenance records and receipts.
THERE IS NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY (OTHER THAN THE SEPARATE EMISSIONS, NOISE, AND RADIO LIMITED WARRANTIES) ON THE MOTORCYCLE. Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose is limited to the duration of the express warranty, or to the duration set forth in your state's warranty statutes, whichever is shorter. Any implied warranty is not transferred to subsequent purchasers/buyers of the motorcycle.
The implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose does not apply if your motorcycle is used for racing, even if the motorcycle is equipped for racing.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, NEITHER HARLEY-DAVIDSON NOR ITS AUTHORIZED DEALERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF MOTORCYCLE USE, COMMERCIAL LOSS OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Harley-Davidson and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience, the loss of your transportation or use of your motorcycle, the cost of a rental motorcycle, fuel, travel, meals, or lodging, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have.
Punitive, exemplary, or multiple damages may not be recovered unless applicable law prohibits their disclaimer. You may not bring any warranty-related claim as a class representative, a private attorney general, a member of a class of claimants or in any other representative capacity. Harley-Davidson shall not be liable for any damages caused by delay in delivery or furnishing of any products and/or services.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
The following terms and conditions apply to this limited warranty:
1. The duration of this limited warranty is twenty-four months, starting from the earlier of (a) the date of initial retail purchase and delivery of the motorcycle from an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer, or (b) the third anniversary of the last day of the model year of the motorcycle. Your authorized Harley-Davidson dealer will submit an electronic Sales and Warranty Registration form to initiate your limited warranty.
2. Any unexpired portion of this limited warranty will be transferred to subsequent owners, upon the resale of the motorcycle during the limited warranty period.
To obtain warranty service, return your motorcycle at your expense within the limited warranty period to an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. The authorized Harley-Davidson dealer should be able to provide warranty service during normal business hours, depending upon the workload of the authorized dealer's service department and the availability of necessary parts.
This limited warranty will not apply to any motorcycle.
1. Which has not been operated or maintained as specified in the owner's manual.
2. Which has been abused, neglected, misused, improperly stored, used "off the highway," or used for racing or competition of any kind.
3. Which is not manufactured to comply with the laws of the market in which it is registered.
4. Which has off-road or competition parts installed to enhance performance, a trailer hitch, or has other unapproved modifications (even if these modifications include genuine Harley-Davidson parts and accessories that are not approved for use on your motorcycle). These modifications may void all or parts of your new motorcycle limited warranty.
See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for details.
5. Which has been subjected to an act of God, war, riot, insurrection, nuclear contamination, natural disasters, including, but not limited to, lightning, forest fires, dust storms, hail storms, ice storms, earthquakes, or floods, or other circumstances out of Harley-Davidson's control.
6. Which has been in an accident or collision or has been dropped or struck.
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Parts and labor for normal maintenance as recommended in the owner's manual, or the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear including, but not limited to, the following: tires, lubrication, oil and filter change, fuel system cleaning, battery maintenance, engine tune-up, spark plugs, brake, clutch, chain/belt adjustment and chain replacement.
2. Cosmetic concerns that arise as a result of owner abuse, lack of proper maintenance or environmental conditions (except concerns that result from defects in factory materials or workmanship, which are covered by this limited warranty for the duration of the limited warranty period).
3. Any cosmetic condition existing at the time of retail delivery that has not been documented by the authorized Harley-Davidson selling dealer prior to retail delivery.
4. Defects or damage to the motorcycle caused by alterations outside of Harley-Davidson's factory specifications or caused by alterations or use of parts or accessories not approved for the make and model year of your motorcycle.
5. Damage caused by installation or use of non-Harley-Davidson components, even those installed by an authorized Harley-Davidson dealership, that cause a Harley-Davidson part to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to performance-enhancing powertrain components or software, exhaust systems, trailer hitches, non-approved tires, lowering kits, handlebars, and add-ons connected to the factory electrical system.
6. United States customers: Defects or damage impacting the functionality of powertrain components in a motorcycle that has been tuned using a tuner or calibration that was not covered by a California ARB Executive Order or otherwise approved by EPA.
IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY
1. Authorized Harley-Davidson dealers are independently owned and operated and may sell non-Harley-Davidson products. Because of this, HARLEY-DAVIDSON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY, QUALITY, OR SUITABILITY OF ANY NON-HARLEY-DAVIDSON PART, ACCESSORY OR DESIGN MODIFICATION INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LABOR WHICH MAY BE SOLD AND/OR INSTALLED BY AUTHORIZED HARLEY-DAVIDSON DEALERS.
2. This limited warranty is a contract between you and Harley-Davidson. It is separate and apart from any warranty you may receive or purchase from an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. An authorized Harley-Davidson dealer is not authorized to alter, modify, expand, or in any way change the terms and conditions of this limited warranty.
3. Any warranty work or parts replacement authorized by Harley-Davidson will not preclude Harley-Davidson from later relying on any exclusion where applicable.
4. Harley-Davidson and its authorized dealers reserve the right to modify or service motorcycles designed and manufactured by Harley-Davidson at any time without incurring any additional obligation to make the same alteration or change to a motorcycle previously built and sold. Harley-Davidson reserves the right to provide post-warranty repairs, conduct repair campaigns, offer good-will or customer satisfaction repairs or extend the warranty coverage for certain motorcycles at its sole discretion. Said repairs or extensions of warranty coverage in no way obligates Harley-Davidson to provide similar accommodations to other owners of similar motorcycles. Sometimes Harley-Davidson may offer a special adjustment program to pay all or part of the cost of certain repairs beyond the terms of your limited warranty. Check with your authorized Harley-Davidson dealer to learn whether such programs are available to you. Your state may prohibit these types of offers, in which case, they may not be available to you.
5. The fact that a part is labeled or branded Harley-Davidson does not necessarily make it appropriate or warranted for the make and model of your motorcycle. The use of parts not designed and tested for your motorcycle may have negative consequences on the performance of your motorcycle and may create conditions not covered by this limited warranty.